Find out more about our school.
Welcome to GEMS United Indian School!
GEMS United Indian School began as the well known Our Own English School, which opened in September, 1990. Following a restructure and the building of a new, state-of-the-art campus, we began enrolments in November 2015, for our school, re-named as GEMS United Indian School.
GEMS United Indian School carries on the GEMS Education passion for delivering internationally comparable quality Indian education, built on our belief that the culture of education is to pass on the light of skill and knowledge, helping students expand their physical and intellectual horizons through value-based and value-added educational programmes. Our motto 'Lead Kindly Light’ encapsulates this belief. And today, our restructured school is regarded as one of the premier educational institutions in Abu Dhabi.
Our school offers a Ministry of Education (MOE), UAE, approved Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) affiliated curriculum. Through this, GEMS United Indian School combines the best educational practices of today with the promises of tomorrow. We offer a premium, value-based education that instils 21st century skills. We take education beyond the primary stage of reading and writing, by taking it to the level of learning, unlearning, innovating and relearning. It is through this style that our students have proudly attained outstanding achievements in their CBSE examinations.
A GEMS education is for every student.
Enrolment applications are now open for Kindergarten to Secondary level. We have plans for natural growth up to CBSE Senior Secondary level in successive years.
At GEMS United Indian School our mission is for each student to:
- Impart desirable traits of integrity, punctuality, courtesy and cooperation
- Proudly preserve their cultural heritage while honouring the national identity and culture of the UAE
- Acquire a high standard of academic, social and personal competencies and skills
- Develop lively, enquiring minds with a drive to learn and strive for academic excellence
- Be critical thinkers and creative problem solvers
- Develop a strong sense of self-esteem and individuality, encouraged by self-reliance and independence
- Imbibe sound moral and spiritual values within the supportive and caring school community and society at large
- Be useful citizens who will contribute towards the environmental preservation of the societies in which they live
For our students to be forward thinking leaders, equipped with competencies and positive attitudes that fulfil individual aspirations based on universal values, and to become socially responsible global citizens.