Complete the online enquiry.
The admission process will be initiated remotely on submission of documents. The scanned copies of the documents to be sent to the Admission Secretary or the Registrar of the school.
The school will contact you to schedule an interview (required for all grades, including KG1 and KG2) and an assessment/entrance exam.
Upon completion of the assessment and interview, the school will contact you if your child has a place.
Only students with a current and valid UAE residence visa will be eligible for enrolment.
At the time of registration, the following documents are required
- 1 copy of the child’s Passport, Visa and Emirates ID card,
- 1 copy of the parent’s Passport, Visa and Emirates ID card,
- 1 copy of the child’s attested birth certificate (in English/Arabic),
- 3 recent passport size photographs of the child (with a white background),
- Two years’ of school reports, including any learning support documents pertaining to your child’s educational needs. For Early Years, please submit nursery reports, if available, and
- Copy of Health Form (download here), along with a copy of Vaccination Record for KG1 and above.
Things to remember
- All students seeking admission for Grade 2 upwards must provide a Transfer Certificate
- Validity of a Transfer Certificate is 3 months from the date of issue
Transferring during an academic year
GEMS United Indian School welcomes applications made in the middle of an academic year. To transfer to our school mid-academic year, your application must be supported by:
If transferring from within Abu Dhabi
In addition to the standard admission documents, you must also provide:
- Records of any tests undertaken by the student in their current school during the current academic year, and
- An eSIS transfer.
If transferring from another Emirate
In addition to the standard required admission documents, students transferring from Emirates outside of Abu Dhabi are required to submit:
- Mark sheets from assessments taken at the student’s current school in the current academic year
- Mark sheets must include the student’s current school’s name and current grade/session
Mark sheets must be:
- Attested by the current school, and
- Attested by the Ministry of Education of the Emirate in which the school is located.
Before the final transfer, this will need to be approved by the GEMS United Indian School principal and, finally, by the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC).
If transferring from overseas (India or another Gulf State)
Students transferring from overseas must submit, in addition to the standard admission documents, the following:
- The mark list of assessments done so far at the student’s current school during the current academic year,
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate attested by the Education Officer of the Zone/District/Area, from where the Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate has been obtained,
- Attestation of the Transfer Certificate must also be carried out at the Embassy of UAE in India and Ministry of Foreign Affairs in UAE,
- The Transfer Certificate has to be duly attested and the original needs to be submitted for Grade 2 and above (only at the time of enrolment), and
- The seal and signature of the Education Officer has to be verified by the Indian Consulate in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Affairs Ministry.
For any further information regarding the GEMS United Indian School admissions process, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.