Giving outstanding students a first class education
The Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Award for Excellence
The Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Award for Excellence, under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Mubarak Al Nahyan, UAE Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research and Chancellor of the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), is presented to GEMS female students across the Middle East.
- Established in 2005 by GEMS Education in honour of Her Highness Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak, wife of the father of the nation, the late President His Highness Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, for her contributions to the empowerment of UAE women
- The award offers each recipient a full year scholarship at their GEMS school
- Winners become ambassadors for both their school and GEMS Education
- Winners receive a memento/certificate of commemoration from His Excellency Sheikh Nahayan Bin Mubarak Al Nahayan
The award/GEMS scholarship is offered to female students who:
- Have proven themselves as global citizens,
- Have exhibited outstanding leadership qualities,
- Have obtained exceptional academic achievements, and
- Have demonstrated commitment to the communities in which they live.